Come on, walk with me...

Monday, April 27, 2009

You thought I had forgotten about you did you!?

Well, it has been one month to the day since I have written a blog. I was sitting here during my morning down time (before Lance wakes up), reading my book. The book got me thinking. I am reading Happy Housewives: I used to be a whining, complaining, desperate housewife, but I snapped out if it, you can too! The book has 10 steps to being a happy housewife. I must admit, I am actually taking things from the book and learning a lot. She mentions things that I have never even thought about. Well I was on Step 8: Take time for yourself, when I realized that if i wake up every morning at 7 since Lance wakes up at 8... I will have an hour of "mommy time".

I have been so busy lately with trying to keep my house up to par with what my husband expects, and what all of us deserve, that I have been totally neglecting my mental state, lol. I HAVE been doing my makeup and hair every day and actually getting dressed in the mornings, and this alone has made me feel tons better. If you don't do this, you should try it. It has made me feel so much better about myself. I don't feel just like a frumpy housewife anymore. It makes my day go a lot smoother just because I don't feel so bad.

On another note, my dad is getting married. I know! WTF right? Anyways, he is doing it this week and I told him that he wont see me there because I don't think it is appropriate.

Also, since he is getting married, selling the house and the things in it, and moving... I decided that there were some things of my mother's that I wanted. So yesterday, my uncle Kevin and my grandmother and I went out to my dad's and got me my mom's piano, her antique vanity, and photo albums and books and other things. So that was the entire day yesterday, and let me tell you, that piano is probably 400 lbs.

Well, Lance is wanting some attention so I better go for now, but dont worry, it wont take me a month to get back. I plan on being very active with my blog again.

Thanks for stoppin by!

No comments:

Post a Comment